Almond Vanilla Chocolate Chip Bites
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup oats (I use GF)
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup or agave
- 6 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 vanilla bean, slit lengthwise and seeded
- 2 tablespoons water, + plus more as needed
- pinch of mineral salt
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips, cacao or carob nibs, or raw chocolate
Optional add ins:
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon or so of cinnamon
Place all ingredients in food processor except for chocolate chips. Blend, scrapping down the sides as needed, until combined. (I like to leave mine a little on the chunky side). Add 1 or 2 tablespoons more water as needed. Remove mixture and place in a medium size bowl, mix in the chocolate chips.
Refrigerate for about 20 minutes, it will help the mixture stiffen a bit making it easier to handle.
Roll into 1 inch balls or flatten like a cookie. If forming them into balls you may like to roll them in cacao powder, cinnamon or shredded coconut. I’ve done all three and all were great ! Makes approx. 12 – 18, depending on if your rolling or forming cookie shapes.
Store in fridge and enjoy within a few weeks. They also freeze well.