Asian Rainbow Salad + Spicy Mango Dressing
- 1 head romaine, sliced
- 1 small head cabbage, or 1/2 head large, sliced
- 1/4 head red cabbage, sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced, to serve
- black sesame seeds, to serve
- slivered almonds, to serve
Spicy Mango Dressing
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and seed removed
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water, or more vinegar if you like
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- pinch of pink salt
Start with the mango dressing by adding all ingredients to food processor/blender and blend until smooth. Set aside to let the flavors develop.
Add salad ingredients to a large bowl and toss. Serve in individual dishes, top with diced avocado and spicy mango dressing. Add a sprinkle of black sesame seeds & slivered almonds over top. If eating this as a monster salad, simply enjoy straight from the large bowl.
Makes one very large salad or four smaller salads.
Feel free to add cucumbers, carrots, broccoli….whatever you like.
Add some cubed plain, baked or crispy fried tofu for added protein if you like.