Asian Slaw Salad + Miso Ginger Dressing
- 2 cups green cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 cups red cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 radishes, julienned
- 1 carrot, peeled & julienned
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 1 inch ginger, finely grated
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons mellow miso
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar (I used a seasoned rice vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil, optional
- 3 tablespoon water
In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the dressing. Alternately you can use a small blender to combine until smooth. Set aside.
In a large bowl, toss the cabbage, carrots, radishes and sesame seeds together with the dressing. You can also omit the sesame seeds and serve them as a garnish as the pictures above. Serve immediately if you like it very crunchy or let it sit covered in the refrigerator for a few hours for a more slaw-like texture and to let the flavors mingle a bit. Both ways are great. Depending on how you are serving the dish it can be served at room temperature or cold. Serves two generously or four as small sides.
Thinly sliced green onions would also be a great addition to this salad.