Banana Split Protein Smoothie
- 1 banana (frozen or fresh)
- 4-5 organic strawberries (frozen or fresh)
- 1/3 cup pineapple (frozen or fresh)
- 1 heaping teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 medjool date or 1 tablespoon maple syrup, optional sweetener
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or water (or half milk & half water)
- cherries, to garnish
Currently I use this Raw Meal from Garden of Life and prefer the Real Raw Original which doesn’t contain stevia sweetener and has only a little vanilla. Depending on your protein powder you may adjust the recipe accordingly.
If using vanilla protein powder, you may want to skip the vanilla and optional sweetener. You get where I’m going with this. Use your best judgment subtracting anything that your protein powder already has unless you want the extra flavor.Also make this a simple flavored smoothie omiting the fruit.
Enjoy your protein in a glass!