Banana Tea Bread
- 1 3/4 cups spelt flour, or flour of choice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of mineral salt
- 1/3 cup neutral flavored or warmed coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup organic pure cane sugar or finely chopped dates
- 4 small or 3 large bananas, about 1 3/4 cup (preferably overripe), mashed
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease your loaf pan.In a medium/large size bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt and set aside. In a medium bowl mash bananas. Add the oil, vanilla and bananas to the dry ingredients and mix until combined, do not over mix.
Pour or spoon mixture into greased loaf pan. Bake for about 50 min to an hour. With my oven it only goes for 50 min. You can also do the toothpick test in the center of the loaf, if it comes out clean it’s about ready. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 min.
Makes 8 – 10 slices.
I’ve stopped using baking soda in this recipe, sticking with only the 2 teaspoons baking powder with great results. There’s baking soda in baking powder so it really isn’t necessary here.
To make gluten free use gluten free all purpose flour or gluten free flour of choice.