- 1 cup spelt flour or flour of choice
- 2 tablespoons organic cane sugar or coconut palm sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (this will make them nice and fluffy)
- pinch of mineral salt
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, or non-dairy milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, for cooking
Preheat: If using griddle preheat to manufactures instructions.
Serve with syrup, fresh fruit or any dessert sauce of choice.
Makes about 6 pancakes, serves 2.
To make a vegan buttermilk, add juice of 1/2 lemon to the milk and let rest for about 10 minutes.