Chocolate Chai Roasted Almonds
- 3 cups raw almonds
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, optional
- 1 heaping teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 heaping teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 heaping teaspoon cardamom
- 1 heaping teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- a few pinches of mineral salt
Preheat oven to 350.
In a large mixing bowl, add almonds, maple syrup, vanilla and spices, mix well to coat. On a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper or lightly oiled, spread almonds, syrup and all, in a single layer, it’s ok if they’re touching each other. Bake on center rake for 20 – 22 minutes, shuffling the almonds around once after 10 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle with mineral salt and let cool to harden. They may clump together a bit while cooling but will easily come apart.
Store in air tight container for up to a month.