Chopped Vegetable Salad + Garlic Dressing
- 2 cups English cucumbers, chopped
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small orange or red bell pepper, chopped
- handful grape tomatoes, halved or quarted
- 2 – 3 scallions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- juice of one medium lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 heaping tablespoon Dijon mustard or stoneground
- 1 – 2 tablespoons water
- himalayan salt to taste
- fresh cracked pepper or lemon pepper to taste
In a small bowl combine the dressing ingredients and mix well, set aside.
Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl. Pour dressing over vegetables and toss gently to coat.
Serve salad on a bed of leafy greens, whole grain pasta or enjoy as is.
To make this a 100% alkalizing salad, squeeze lemon and add a sprinkle of cumin….or combine grated ginger and the juice of one orange…so fresh and good!
This salad is a great place to add a sprinkle of sunflower seeds or pepitas (pumpkin seeds).