Crunchy Kale Salad + Citrus Dressing
- 1 bunch kale, julienned
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds (toasted or raw)
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 -2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard, optional
Use orange, lemon, lime and/or grapefruit as your citrus juice. Mix and match your citrus flavors using whatever you have on hand or is available.
Make this a creamy dressing by adding 1 – 2 tablespoon tahini when mixing the dressing.
The dijon is optional, I found that I preferred it with a small amount. Try it both ways and see what you think.