- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats (I used GF)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 2/3 cup almonds
- 1/3 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- couple tablespoons sesame seeds
- couple tablespoons hemp hearts, ground flax seeds or chia seeds
- 1 heaping teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- zest of 1 – 2 oranges, chopped fine or left as is
- 2/3 – 3/4 cups pure maple syrup
- coconut oil, to grease
Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
Mix all of your dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Add in your maple syrup and mix well to coat. On a greased rimmed cookie sheet, lay granola in a single layer. You may need to use 2 rimmed sheets. Place sheets in oven and cook for 30 – 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes or so to ensure even toasting.
Once done, remove from oven, let cool completely, store in an air tight container for up to a month.
Let this be a template, add/subtract anything you like. If you’re missing an ingredient you may add extra of something else you do have on hand. I like lots of zest and added the zest of 2 oranges.