Raw Ginger Snaps
- 3/4 cup oats, regular or quick (I used GF)
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 3/4 cup dates, pitted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced or 1 1/2 teaspoons ginger powder
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup or liquid sweetener of choice
- 1 tablespoon unsulphured organic molasses, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg or ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- sesame seeds & cinnamon, for rolling
Combine oats and almonds in food processor, blend until you get a fairly fine consistency, doesn’t have to be perfect. Add dates and rest of ingredients, blend until combined and dough like consistency, about 1 minute. If for any reason you added more oats or nuts/seeds and you feel it is too dry, try adding 1 tablespoon of water at a time to get desired consistency.
Roll your dough into 1 inch balls. If you like you can roll them in cinnamon or white sesame seeds for a more finished look. Shredded coconut would be another great option.
Keep refrigerated and enjoy within two weeks or so. Makes 12 balls.
For those with nut allergies, you may substitute the almonds for sunflower seeds or hemp hearts.
I use oats in the recipe to cut the fat content. Feel free to use all almonds or more almonds and less oats.