Raw Zucchini Wraps with Kale Pesto
What you’ll need
- 1 – 3 zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise
- red bell pepper, cut into thin strips or julienned
- yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips or julienned
- carrots, julienned (I used baby carrots, cut into quarters)
- sprouts/micro greens of choice
- cilantro, optional
- fresh cracked pepper & mineral salt
- tooth picks
- 2 cups kale, packed or 1 cup basil & 1 cup kale, packed
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons tahini, optional
- 3 tablespoons or so extra virgin olive oil (if not using tahini add 1 or 2 extra tablespoons olive oil)
- himalayan salt to taste
Amounts for the vegetables will vary on how many your making, use your best judgement on how much you will need. If you can’t find sprouts or micro greens, try using cilantro or fresh basil leaves.
For the kale pesto, place ingredients into food processor and process until desired consistency. Taste for seasoning.
Lay your zucchini flat on a hard surface, layer with the pesto, make a sprouts and veggies mound on one end. Roll into a wrap and stick with a toothpick in the center. Top with mineral salt & cracked pepper. Serve and enjoy!
Look for the smaller zucchini, they will be the perfect size for these bite size rolls. The length and width is just right, especially if using a peeler to cut into thin strips.
Use a mandolin to slice the zucchini. There are different types of mandolins from hand held to box types. Some have adjustments so you can decide how thick or thin you want your slices. If this is new to you do a google search and find the right one for you. I’m actually using a peeler, works great and is very easy to use! It has an attachment for use as an official mandolin but I haven’t figured out how to attach the piece yet, but this works great without it too. This was gifted to me by my wonderful parents and you can find it online Primo Peeler
© 2014 The Simple Veganista. All rights reserved. Reprinted with permission from The Simple Veganista website.