Salted Chocolate Pecan Sandies
- 2 cups packed almond flour or almond meal
- 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar, turbinado sugar or pure cane brown or white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup, warmed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces (raw or roasted)
- 1/4 or so cup semi-sweet chocolate or dark chocolate chunk pieces, you can place some strategically on top as well
- sea salt to garnish
Prepare a baking sheet with coconut oil, parchment paper or use a non-stick mat. Scoop out rounded tablespoons full and roll dough into balls about an 1 inch or so in size, place on cookie sheet and flatten slightly with your fingers. Leave about a half inch to an inch between cookies as they will expand when cooking. Sprinkle entire batch with sea salt. Bake for 20 minutes. They may look like they need to cook more but don’t worry once they cool they will darken slightly, harden a little and be a perfect cookie. Let cool and enjoy! Makes about 16 to 18 cookies.
I make my own almond meal in a food processor. 1 1/2 cups of almonds will easily get you 2 cups of flour/meal. It’s super easy…just process for about 4 minutes, depending on your processor. Store any leftover flour in a mason jar or sealed container of choice for later use.