Savory Chickpea Pancake/Flatbread
- 2/3 cup garbanzo bean flour
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 heaping teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of turmeric (will give it a yellow color), optional
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- mineral salt, to taste
- juice of 1/2 small lemon or 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup lacinato kale (aka: Tuscan/dinosaur) or spinach, julienned and loosely packed
- small handful sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 shallot, diced
- 7 grape tomatoes, halved or quartered depending on the size
In a medium size bowl, combine flour, water, baking soda, optional turmeric, cumin, garlic powder and salt to taste. Mix well ensuring all the flour lumps are gone. Add in lemon, stir and you will notice the batter rise and foam a bit. Add in veggies and combine thoroughly. (Note: I don’t really measure the vegetables, so this is an approximation)
Serve with your choice of condiments. A thinned hummus would also be great! Pairs well with fresh fruit on the side.
Makes 2. Serves 2.