Spicy Carrot & Hummus Sandwich
- 2 – 3 large carrots, coarsely crated
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon or so caraway seeds, cumin would be nice too
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- pinch red pepper flakes
- himalayan/mineral salt, to taste
- four slices bread of choice…french, sourdough, rye or whole grain would pair nicely
- hummus to spread
- cracked pepper, optional
In skillet heat oil on medium, add the carrots, garlic, caraway seeds and season with salt and red pepper. Cook until carrots have softened, about 4 minutes. Let cool.
Toast or grill your bread, layer with hummus (I do both sides because I have hummus love). Add carrot mixture, top with cilantro and season with black pepper…serve. Makes two servings.