Spicy Kale Pesto with Zucchini Noodles
- 2 zucchini per person, give or take, spiralized or julienned
- grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- almond parmesan, for topping
- salt & cracked pepper
- 1 bunch kale, about 3-4 cups, stems removed and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts, optional
- 3-4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, more as needed
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic
- 1 – 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon himalayan salt, or to taste
- pinch or two of red pepper flakes
- juice of 1 small lemon, optional
Start with the pesto, place ingredients in food processor and blend until desired consistency. Add more olive oil if desired and taste for seasoning, set aside. (Serves two)
I use a spiralizer to get my curly noodle effect. You can also use a julienne tool or julienne them by hand creating a straight noodle.
Combine the kale, tomatoes and noodles together in a medium size bowl and transfer to individual serving dishes. Top with a dusting of almond parmesan and enjoy!Notes: To create a creamy pesto, you may also like to add 1/2 cup walnuts or pine nuts. Or try 2-3 tablespoons tahini instead.