Spicy Nut & Seed Protein Bar
- 1 3/4 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1/4 heaping cup flax-seed meal (ground flax seeds)
- 6 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 1/4 teaspoons jalapeno chili powder (cayenne, chipotle or chili powder is ok too)
- 1/2 rounded teaspoon mineral or smoked salt
- 1/4 rounded teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 rounded teaspoon garlic powder
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Line a 9×9 baking pan with parchment paper.
In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients starting with nuts & seeds, spices and lastly maple syrup. Mix well to coat. Fill lined baking pan with wet mixture and flatten, pressing firmly, making sure to reach all edges and corners as best you can. Place in oven on middle rack and bake for 25 – 30 minutes. Once done, let cool to harden. Once done it will be a solid piece. Slice in half, then cut each half into 1 – 1 1/2 inch bars. Store loosely covered and enjoy often!
If you don’t have hemp seeds, use any color sesame seeds you like.