Spring Salad: Edible Flowers & Dandelion Greens
- spring mix salad
- dandelions or watercress
- handful wisteria flowers, pulled of their stems (I left mine on, quite by accident)
- english cucumber, chopped
- sweet orange, peeled and chopped
- orange zest
Dressing (serves 2)
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- juice of 1/2 orange
- cracked pepper to taste
Start with the dressing by combining all ingredients, except the oil, in a small bowl or decanter, mix well and then add in the olive oil. Mix again and let set.
For the salad ingredients, use as much as you like of each ingredient. Mix your greens, place on serving dish and top with cucumber, orange pieces, orange zest and flowers. Drizzle with dressing just before serving.