- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium potatoes, diced (with or without the skin)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- handful grape tomatoes, halved or quartered
- pinch of red pepper flakes, optional
- mineral salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
For the blender/food processor:
- 1 package (16 oz) organic firm tofu, drained
- 1/2 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 2 heaping tablespoons cornstarch, arrowroot or tapioca flour
- 2 – 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon mustard (any kind) or 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried tarragon, thyme or basil (or a combo)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon white or black pepper, optional
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Heat oil in a pan over medium heat, saute potatoes for 5 minutes, add onion and cook an additional 5 minutes. Add bell pepper, zucchini and garlic, cook until softened. Add tomatoes and optional red pepper flakes, cook another minute or two. Season with salt and pepper to taste.In a food processor/blender, combine the remaining ingredients and process until smooth. Taste for seasoning.
Serves 4 – 5.
I suggest using at least a 9 inch round dish or larger.