White Flatbread-Pizza with Zucchini
- two small/medium zucchini, green & gold
- 1 small red onion
- whole grain vegan naan bread
- 1 block organic tofu (16 oz..soft or firm..I used soft)
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons mellow white miso
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- dash of pepper (I used white)
- dash of nutmeg
- twist or two of himalayan salt
- juice of 1 lemon
- a few parsley tops
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Start with the ricotta by placing all ingredients in food processor/blender and blend until creamy. Taste for spices adding anything you may like. Makes about 2 1/2 cups. I had left overs.
Slice your zucchini and onions very thinly. You can use a mandolin or put your knife skills to work and slice. I used both methods. Spread a layer of the ricotta on your flatbread and top with veggies. Bake on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper for 10-12 minutes. Serve.
For a crumble style ricotta to use in lasagna, use firm or extra firm tofu, mash in medium size bowl with a fork then add rest of ingredients and combine together.